Saturday, March 19, 2011
Delmar Milling Company
In 1911 the Delmar Milling Company was located in Delmar, Maryland just south of East Chestnut Street on what is today Bi-State Boulevard. It was a two and half story frame building located next to the "woods" as Delmar was not developed any farther south at that time. The central mill and attached storage shed had a large Corn crib and storage shed in the back and an office building out front. The mill was powered by electric with three electric motors on the first floor and appropriate shafting to run two corn mills, a corn crusher and a flour mill. The second floor had a hominy mill, gyrator, smut machine, separator and dust collectors.
Today the section between Chestnut and Pine is perhaps the largest accumulation of American Four square style houses in Delmar.