Monday, February 28, 2011

Brown's Garage


Last night at Mason Dixon Auction I acquired this advertising Ink Blotter for Brown's Garage. A few years back I had made a post on The Frank Brown Building. This ink blotter has a photo of the building in the first quarter of the 1900's when it was a car dealership for Ford.

The building is on First street about a half block in from State street. It is on the Maryland side of town and this is the second advertisement I have seen that gave the address of Brown's Garage as Delmar, Del. I don't know why.

The building has housed a number of different businesses over the years and like the house beside it has been added on to and covered up with various siding.

I am sure there is a number of people out there asking themselves what is an ink blotter? God that makes me feel old. Go here for that history and description

No comments:

Post a Comment