The Freeney/Hearne Cemetery sits about 2/10ths of a mile south of Waller Road. It is on an 18 inch rise of land, compared to the surrounding farm land. The cemetery is enclosed by a 25' by 34' iron picket fence. The fence appears to have been installed in the late 1800's. The fence is made up of 5' 6" sections attached to 4' tall one and a half inch diameter metal post set in marble blocks. Each post has a support rod from the post to the marble block. The 1/2 inch pickets alternate between 2' uprights and 3'4" uprights. Each picket is sharpened on the top and an embellishment stuck on that makes the shape of an arrowhead. Of the approximately 310 pickets 40% are missing that embellishment.
There is no gate on the fence. In 1994 when Col. Robert Freeny Jr drew a map of the cemetery he showed a gate, so in the past 15/18 years it has disappeared. http://www.joesue.com/Books/FKK/0319.htm
Some photos of the cemetery in 2008 are shown here.http://www.harn-ancestry.com/EasternShoreHearnes.pdf