Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Davis-Noble-Kinder family reunion - 2010

The Davis-Noble-Kinder family reunion is set to take place in Reliance (Bethel United Methodist Church - 2381 Neal's School Rd, Seaford DE 19973) on Saturday Sept 4th. Registration will be 8:30 AM to 10 AM. The program will begin in the Church Sanctuary at 10 AM. Luncheon by Bethel UMC at a cost of $14 for Adults, $7 for children under 6 are free. Send reservation fee and number attending to the DNK treasurer by Aug 20: Mrs. Judy Partyka 24084 Deep Branch Rd, Georgetown DE 19947 Phone 302-856-7971

This event only occurs every five years.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Gary Shockley and I am a descendant of the Davis, Noble and Kinder families. I only recently learned of my ancestry though my father, Richard Shockley of Harrisburg PA. What excites me most about this discovery of my heritage is our family's connection with the early Methodist movement. I am the new Executive Director of Path 1 which is our United Methodist Denomination's agency (part of the General Board of Discipleship) for starting new United Methodist Churches across the country. I am an ordained elder in the UM Church and have planted two new churches in the past ten years. I will be telling part of this newly discovered story of my heritage as I introduce myself to our board of directors in August. I am 53 years old and for 51 years thought I came from Episcopal roots. I wandered into the United Methodist Church as a teenager and all this time thought I was an outsider to Methodism. Who would have known just how "inside" I really am! Just thought I'd share this with someone! I wish I could attend this reunion but I cannot this year. I will be there in 2015! My email is gshockley@gbod.org.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a decendant of Nathan Noble through his son James E. who moved from Maryland to Ohio sometime between 1850-55. James married Susan Maria Keiter in 1860 in Xenia,OH and they had 3 children: Jennie Lynd (my maternal great-grandmother), William Keiter, and Charles Edward. Moved to Maryland in 2006 and excited to find out I am a Marylander. Missedthe reunion as I just started researching in 2011 - but am excited to connect with my roots. Does anyone have early info on James? It appears his mother, Mary Hubbard, died young and that hi sister went to live with her Uncle Joshua Noble. My email is: migrabird1953@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete