Thursday, June 17, 2010

A look at old Delmar

Barbara Moore O'Neal sent me some photo's of Delmar back in the 1950's and 1940's. I am publishing a few of them. In the background you can see what Delmar looked liked at that time. Of note, I posted Barbara's engagement 1956 article and she is still married to the same person.

maybe the 1950's notice the multiple tracks and buildings standing at that time in west Delmar and the train station.

Similar view today

Erma Smith and Elizabeth (I would guess in the 1940's) notice the Movie theatre and the restaurant where the Apartments and Sports Nuts bar is today.

Pennsylvania Ave about the same location today

Barbara and her sister (I would guess in the 1940's?) on North Second Street

North Second Street today

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the picture of the locomotive. I love looking at the old railroad photos of Delmar - especially with the steam engines. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete