The building was built about 1917. There was a prior parsonage on the property and it was sold and removed. In classic Delmar fashion the church is located in Delaware and the parsonage is in Maryland.
It was built for about $6,000 under the leadership of Reverend Frank Nelson Faulkner (1868-1931) and paid for by the members of the church. Rev. Faulkner, his wife Cora Wix Faulkner (1874-1958) and son James were the first resident of the house. Realtors describe it today as 3296 sq ft 4 bd 2 bath. It has had a couple owners since the church sold it.