Sunday, April 29, 2012

Last Will and Testaments of Charles Taylor Sr 6 Jan 1824

I Charles Taylor (Senr) of Accomack County do in the name of God appoint this my last will and Testament.

Item I give to my son Charles Taylor the West End of my Island at a pasture on the north side running across to a bar post supposing South East and to continue across my Marsh.

Item I give to my son John Taylor the North East end of my Land that I bought of Thomas Wessells at Spencer Lewis's Line Oak across my land to a partree making Strate lines down to the Creak, and also I give him 1 Yoke of oxen he has in possession and also One cow that he3 has in possession, also I give him nine head of Sheep he has in possession, and I give him one horse for which he has to pay thirty dollars to three of my children, namely Samuel Taylor, and Gilly Taylor, comfort Taylor Equally between them

Item I give my son James Taylor 1/2 of my Land I bought of Joseph Rigs for time to [-----] [-----] after it is laid off & one Bull yearling

Item I give to my son William Taylor the East End of my Island joining to my son Charles Taylor and two thirds of a yoke of oxen not broke

Item I give to my son Bagwell Taylor one half of my land I Bought of Joseph Rigs and one Bull yearling.

Item I give to my Son Samuel Taylor the south West end of my Land I bought of Thomas Wessells except one Acre of it which I Lend to my son and Law Dennis Thorne and Daughter Polly Thorne there life time it being the place the now Live on but at their death it is to go to my son Samuel Taylor.

Item I leave my Son Charles Taylor to pay to my son Gillet Taylor twenty dollars.

Item I leave my son John Taylor to pay to my son Gillet Taylor twenty dollars.

Item I leave my son William Taylor to pay to my son Gillet Taylor twenty dollars

Item I Leave my son James Taylor to pay to my son Gillet Taylor ten dollars.

Item I leave my son Bagwell Taylor to pay to my son Gillet Taylor ten Dollars the above money is to be paid when Gillet Taylor arrives at the age of twenty one clere of interest, If James Taylor died before he is twenty one years old Gillet Taylor takes his Land. William or Bagwell Taylor or Samuel Taylor dies before they arrive at the age of twenty one there Lands goes to Gillet Taylor.

Item I give my daughter Peggy Ewell one spinning wheel that she has in her possession

Item I leave my Thornton Mare to my children namely James, William, Bagwell, Samuel Comfort.

Item I give my Young mare to my son Gillet Taylor.

Item I give my daughter Nancy Taylor, One Blue chest and one white chest, also one spinning wheel and one blue & White counterpin tow bed quilts. -

Item I give my Kilman Canoe, sain and rope to my Son James, William, Bagwell, Samuel except one fourth of the Sain and rope that I give John also One Gun to my to my son John. -

Item I give one Gun to my Son James Taylor.-

Item I give my waine to my sons manely, James, William, Bagwell, Samuel, Gilly.-

Item I give all my Corn fodder, pork, Beans and pease, cotton & flax, six hogs and potatoe seed to my children that now lives with me for their use.

Item I give my daughter Comfort one cow first choice.

Item I give all my property that I have not before give away to be equally divided between my girl children Namely Peggy Ewell, Betsy Middelton, Tabitah Bundick, Rebecca Taylor, Polly Thorns, Patsey Taylor, Nancy Taylor, Comfort Taylor.

Item and Lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my friend John Parks (Jr) my executor of this my last will and Testament in the year of one thousand Eight hundred and twenty nine January the Sixth.
Charles Taylor

Acknowledged in presence of Arthur F. Wessels
Jacob Mattews
Meriah White

At a Court held for Accomack County on the 30th day of March 1829, This last will and Testament of Charles Taylor Senr decd was proved by the Oaths of Arthur F. Wessels, Jacob Matthews, and Maria White Witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded and on the motion of John Parkes Junr the Executor therein named taking oath and giving bond according to law in the penalty of $5000 with Thorowgood Taylor and Nathaniel Topping securities thereto certificate s granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form
Teste
Thos R. Joynes Clk
Examined

Sources:

_____. Accomack County Virginia Wills &c 1828-1846, p. 32-34.

No comments:

Post a Comment