The society will bring together those people interested in history and art in the Delmar area
Our Email address is email@example.com
Saturday, November 16, 2019
The Blue Moon and Smiling Dave
In 1950 an unknown beer joint was renamed The "Blue Moon". It was one of many bars Delmar had over the years. This one changed names every year. In 1950 and 51 the Blue moon was run by Gladys "Jiggs" Lane Roberts. She was married at that time to Langsdales Roberts. She was originally from Crisfield. In 1951 Malhon Taylor took over and called it the "Blue Moon Spaghetti House." In 1952 Clifford and Louise Smith renamed it "Club 21", not to be confused with the one in ocean City by the same name. From there the naming trail grow confused.