Sunday, March 18, 2018

Nichols and Truitt Restaurant 1925

Above from the Evening Times (Salisbury) 21 Feb 1925

The Nichols part of the Restaurant was Howard Beauchamp Nichols. The restaurant was originally opened in 1906.  For 37 years it was open 24 hours a day to catch the railroad traffic.  In 1943 in spite of overwhelming railroad traffic they had to cut back to 6am to 10pm because they couldn't find people to work in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment